It is not always easy to identify all of the threats that you may face on any given day. One of the biggest reasons for this is the fact that most of the worst things in life are things that are actually difficult to detect, and some of them are present in your home. This includes things that are carcinogenic or things in general that are just dangerous to your health. Many of these materials are things that you would never know you were being exposed to. Because of this, you need to get a home inspection before you consider purchasing a home. Home inspections can reveal whether or not your home is hospitable and habitable, or whether there may be hazardous materials present. Whether you are buying or selling a home or simply just have not gotten a home inspection recently, you should schedule one soon.
While there are a ton of different things that they might be looking for, one of the most common is black mold, which is a common variety of mold that can cause extremely severe health problems in people with allergic reactions and fairly bad effects on those who do not carry the allergy. Because of this, it is a good idea to get a home inspection right away if you have just moved into a new place. If you do have the allergy, there can be extremely adverse effects, and it can lead to death in some cases. Black mold is mostly found in places like a basement or an attic, although it can also form around windows and pipes, since it is commonly found near water damage. This is one of the most important reasons to take water damage seriously. In addition to the fact that it can cause massive amounts of damage, water can also lead to black mold, which can be deadly. If the Colorado home inspector does find black mold in your home, you will need to have it removed right away. As long as the mold has not spread to areas deep within the walls, it is usually fairly simple to remove. That being said, you may need to leave your home for a designated period of time, if they do discover an infestation.
Another silent killer that lurks in many modern homes is radon, which is even more challenging to discover than black mold and possibly even more serious. Radon is a radioactive gas caused by radioactive decay, which is a natural process in the soil. Ordinarily, it would not be enough to do any damage, but if a house happens to be on top of a pocket of it, the gas has nowhere to go but into the home. Because it is an enclosed space, the gas has nowhere to go, which is why the buildup occurs and it becomes problematic. Because of this, it is necessary to undergo radon testing every year, since waiting at all can literally be a matter of life and death.