A bathroom renovation can be a great facelift for your home. With just a few small
improvements, it can become the perfect place to relax at the end of a long day at work. If you are new to home renovation projects, it can also be a great room to get your feet wet.
Professional home renovation experts can help you decide what the most valuable and effective updates would be best for your particular bathroom and will add the most value to your home, but here are a few ideas to get you started on how you can create the bathroom oasis of your dreams.
- Make your shower a luxurious experience with a new cascading shower head. There are many different types of shower heads available to you: you can select anything from double headed rain cascade, or a multi-functioning shower head that can help relieve stress through massaging water, or anything in between. There are even shower heads that create a relaxing experience by emitting a series of lights that help create your very own light show.
- Consider a color palette for the room that is going to be soothing and will help create that spa state of mind that you are looking for. Soft greys and whites or rich earthy tones like green and beige and brown are great colors for a relaxing environment.
- A whirlpool tub is another fixture that you can invest in that will give your bathroom a completely new and inviting look. If you are undergoing a full bathroom remodel, then you should consider adding this to your design plan.
- Choose lighting fixtures that have a dimming feature. This will allow you to create a spa like environment when you are relaxing but will still allow you to create enough light to see in the mornings when it is all business. Also look into creating other lighting options in your spa bathroom, such as chandelier lights that can be turned on just over the tub.
- Make your sink an art fixture. You can add a sink that truly embraces the spa environment by choosing one that has a fountain feature. Add pebbles or smooth stones to the basin of the sink so that when the water is on it falls onto them instead of straight down the drain.
- Keep warm in the winter by installing radiant heating under the floor.
- Choose a bathtub that is not only comfortable to soak in, but is also visually appealing. Free standing tubs or claw foot tubs add to the ambiance of the room and are classic pieces that will remain on trend for several years to come.
- If you want your bathroom to truly mimic a spa experience, you can add a bath towel warmer next to your tub. This towel warmer can be a drawer that is simply added to your vanity and looks like a regular drawer from the outside while it keeps your towels toasty warm on the inside. You can also install towel warming bars instead which do not take up as much room.