It can be a bit taboo to speak of saving money on such an important item as an engagement ring, but it is reality to want to save money. Not everyone can afford expensive rings with huge diamonds. If you are planning on proposing soon and you want to have a beautiful ring without having to overspend, then it is vital that you consider ways in which to save money. We have some suggestions that can make this process easier and that can help you save quite a bit of money on a ring.
- Buy Online: Buying diamonds online can ensure that you get a better deal. Even if you physically visit the store to see the diamonds, actually buy them online. You will get much better deals and a much greater selection online than in the store. This is something that most people do not know, so it can make a huge difference in the budget you set for yourself. If you want great deals, choose to shop online.
- Consider Cuts: Not all diamond cuts are worth the same. Some, like the emerald cut, are much less expensive than other options because they have less facets. This will allow you to get a larger stone without having to pay a fortune.
- Gold Over Platinum: Platinum settings are very expensive and can end up limiting the stone size you can afford. This is why many people are choosing gold over platinum settings these days. The gold is resplendent and saves you lots of money, providing you with more freedom of options. Most jewelry stores have ring available in all manner of gold options.
- Buy Shy: This means buying shy of whole carat sizes. The eye will not be able to tell that the stone is a bit smaller than the next full carat size, but the price will reflect it. For example, buying a 1.8 carat instead of 2 carat diamond will save you a lot of money without sacrificing much in the way of size at all.
- Prong: The less metal you have around the stone, the less expensive the ring will be, so considering a pronged setting is a good option. Because the prong is the minimal setting to hold the stone, you can expect the diamond to look even bigger than it is. Take the time to ask the store about their options of settings so that you can choose the one that best suits your budget and the look you want.
All of these tips can help you save substantial amounts of money on the engagement ring you choose for your loved one. A store like Ari Diamonds has all manner of budge options that you can choose from so that you never overspend. With the right setting, the right cut of stone, prongs that cost less, and by buying the diamond online, you can end up saving yourself lots of money without sacrificing beauty. If you are not sure how else to save money, speak with experts at the jewelry stores.