If you have never heard about radon or thought about having your home tested for radon, then you need to learn more about the dangers of radon and what it can do to your body if found in your home or workspace. Radon is a radioactive gas that is created by the decay of uranium in the soil. Since uranium is naturally occurring all over the world, there are no safe places where radon cannot be found. Radon is also very dangerous because you can’t see it, smell it, or taste it.
There are many things that you need to learn about radon and then about radon remediation. It is important to have your home tested for radon and to install a radon remediation system if there are any signs of radon in your home. Listed here are the top five things that you need to know about radon and radon remediation.
- You can not see it, taste it, or smell it so it is very hard to detect. It is important to know that you likely don’t know that you have a problem when it comes to radon in your home. Unless you become very ill or diagnosed with lung cancer, then it is hard to tell when radon is in the home because you can’t see it or smell it. This is why it is very important to have your home tested for radon.
- You can find varying levels of radon during different times of the day and in different rooms of your home. If you do your own radon tests, then you will find varying levels of radon throughout your home in each room on different days. This is why it is important to have a certified technician come in and take care of the problem for you.
- There are several different types of radon reduction systems that you can find for your home. You can find both active and passive systems for your home as well as systems with suctions.
- It is the second leading cause of lung cancer in the United States. Radon is very dangerous and is a leading cause of cancer in the United States.
- With the right help, it can easily be reduced in your home to safe levels. However, you can have a radon technician come in and solve the problem for you!
As you can see, these were just five of the many different things that you need to know about radon. If you want to learn more about radon, then you should call in a certified technician to come and fix your radon problem for you. They can come into your home, test it, and resolve the issue within a day or two if you find the right team of certified professionals. If you are in Utah, then you will want to call in the experts over at www.swatradonutah.com. They are the leading experts in many different types of radon systems and can help you find the right system and test for your home or commercial building.