There are many different factors that can lead someone into the dentist. In fact, any type of dental pain should lead you into a dental office. However, there are some signs or symptoms that may take you into an emergency dentist sooner than later. Listed here are the top five reasons that people need emergency dentists and emergency dental work, such as dental extractions:
- Extra or heightened sensitivity. When you are experiencing any type of sensitivity in your teeth, such as to hot or cold food or drinks, then you will want to make an appointment with a dentist. However, when this pain becomes extreme, you will want to be sure to contact a dentist or an emergency dentist right away as this can be signs or symptoms of an infection that will need a root canal or dental crown right away. Also, if you have had other work done on your teeth recently, then this can be an indicator that you are experiencing other problems and may have an infection as well.
- Sensitivity to sugar and other sweet foods. A sugar sensitivity can be another sign of an infection or another type of problem in your tooth. As sugar is bad for you anyways, you want to stay away from it in order to keep your teeth as healthy as possible. However, it can also be an indicator that something else is wrong if you are experiencing pain or discomfort in your mouth whenever you are eating sugar foods.
- General pain in your teeth. If you are experiencing general pain in one or more of your teeth, then you will want to get that checked out as soon as you can. This can be an indicator of many different problems and may result in a cavity, dental extraction or emergency dental crown procedure. However, you don’t know the extent of the pain until you get it checked out!
- Broken teeth. If you break or damage a tooth due to an accident such as a car wreck or a fall, then you will want to visit an emergency dentist right away. They can assess the damage right away in order to see what can be done to fix the damaged tooth. This is also extremely painful so it is in your best interest to get it taken care of and handled as soon as possible!
- Loose teeth. If you have any loose teeth or have bitten into something that loosened up your teeth, then you will want to be sure to get it taken care of right away as well. You may have gum disease or other problems with your gums if your teeth are loosening up this easily. Plus, if you seek help right away, then you may be able to prevent an emergency extraction.
As you can see, these were just five of the numerous reasons that may lead you into the office of an emergency dentist. If you are looking for the right emergency dentist, then you can call in the experts over at the Wohrman Dental Group. They are the leading dental experts and can help you with all of your emergency and non emergent dental needs.