If you are considering getting braces, then there are both pros and cons that you will need to consider when trying to determine what is best for you and your oral health. There are many great reasons as to why you should consider clear braces as your teeth straightening method of choice. You will also want to consider other types of teeth straightening methods such as Invisalign or ceramic braces. With all of the choices that are now available to you, then the decision making process may seem confusing or tricky. However, it doesn’t need to be a tough decision. Rather, you will want to know about all of the pros and cons of each type of dental choice that you have for straightening your teeth and aligning your jaw. This will help you to make the right decision for your oral health.
As there are pros and cons that come along with any decision that you choose to make, there are also pros and cons that come along with your decision to use braces. Here are the pros and cons that come with using traditional wire braces for oral health.
The pros for using braces include:
- These are the least expensive choice that you can find for your mouth. When you choose to go with traditional wire braces, then you will have to pay the least amount than your other choices. This may be a factor in your decision making process, especially if you don’t have dental insurance.
- Colored brands. There are also a plethora of colors to choose from nowadays which gives children and teenagers the chance to express themselves when trying to straighten their teeth.
- Proven results. Since these are a type of teeth straightening method that has been on the market for a long time, there are proven results that these work to straighten your teeth. They are also the most effective for straightening your teeth and have long term results as well.
The cons for using braces include:
- They are very noticeable. One of the cons about traditional braces is that they are very noticeable. This means that you can’t hide them and they are not clear! You can get braces that are less obvious then others.
- You will have a restricted food list. You will also have a restricted food list with wire braces as you have be very careful when it comes to eating certain foods that can get stuck in your braces.
- Your oral health may suffer while you have them on.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons that come along with choosing to use braces as your teeth straightening method. Of course, if you have a very severe case, then this may be your only option either way. If you have a choice, and want to look into other options, such as Invisalign, then you will want to schedule an appointment with your orthodontist in order to see what types of braces will work best for you. If you want to consult with an orthodontist, then you can start by consulting the experts over at Amazing Smiles Orthodontics.