One of the groups that plays a pivotal role in a well-functioning society are fire apparatus manufacturers. A fire apparatus is just another term for fire truck or fire vehicle, the pieces of equipment that firefighters rely on to do their work effectively. The manufacturers of such pieces of equipment are talented groups of people who have committed their entire careers to creating vehicles for public service. They understand that the better their vehicle is able to work and the more things it offers, the more capable the firefighters are going to be at helping people. Without these incredible versatile vehicles, firefighters simply wouldn’t be able to pull people out of burning buildings or to fight wildfires.
If you work in a fire department and you’re looking to purchase a new fire truck apparatus, the first thing you’ll want to do is find a company that you can trust. If you’re not able to locate a high quality manufacturer, then you might as well just keep your old fire truck and try to get some work done on it. Put another way, if you can’t be sure that the fire truck you’re buying is going to work properly you shouldn’t be buying it all. They’re incredibly expensive purchases that should be well planned out. If you aren’t sure what to look for in a manufacturer of fire apparatuses, here’s a list of five things to keep in mind.
1. Look for experience. You should absolutely only ever buy fire trucks from companies with a great deal of experience. Period, end of question.
2. Look for quality. The most important thing is that you buy a fire apparatus that is high quality. People’s lives are going to depend on the efficacy of your fire truck, so only buy from companies with a proven track record when it comes to quality.
3. Make sure you’re getting a fair price. Take some time to shop around to make sure you’re getting a fair price on your vehicle. There aren’t thousands of companies out there producing emergency vehicles, but there are enough that you should be able to compare prices and see if you’re getting a good price.
4. Service? Maintenance? The fourth thing that you want to look for in a manufacturer of fire apparatuses is a company that offers service and maintenance on their vehicles. This is important because when you have an issue with your fire truck, you need to get it fixed fast, and who better to fix it than the company who built your fire apparatus in the first place?
5. Warranties. Keep your eye out for companies that offer a multi-year warranty on their products. Those that do are clearly confident in the quality of their products, and thus their products tend to be far less likely to break down or have issues.
BME Fire is one of the few companies out there producing fire trucks that offers all of the five things above. Their experienced technicians and their track record of high quality vehicles speaks for itself.