There are many different reasons why an individual would need to hire a jewelry appraiser. Maybe they are nearing the end of their life and they want to pass on all of their jewelry to their family members. Prior to doing so, they want to get each piece of their jewelry appraised so they know how much value they are passing along to each person and so that a record can be kept of the transaction. Perhaps you own a necklace that was handed down to you and you’re not sure what kinds of stones are in it. In addition to telling you what stones they are, a jewelry appraiser could also tell you how much the piece is worth. When you’re getting divorced you often have to get your jewelry appraised so that you know that both parties are getting an even split of the couple’s assets. When a person is looking to donate some of their jewelry to charity, they must get each piece appraised so that both parties know how much is being given. And sometimes stores are looking to liquidate all of their assets but to do so they must determine how much each of them is worth.
As you can see, there are many different reasons why people turn to jewelry appraisers. Of course, knowing that you should hire a Denver diamond appraiser or someone with a similar title is one thing. Finding the right person is the other. If you’re anything like the average person, you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between a high quality jewelry appraiser and a person who has no clue what they’re doing. Thus, to help you find the person that’s right for you, here is a list of five qualities they should have.
1. Integrity. First, you should make sure that the appraiser that you hire has high integrity. This means that they are totally honest with you about what each piece of your jewelry is worth, they’re honest with you about what they think you could get for it, and they’re going to take care of your jewelry while it’s in their custody.
2. Passion. Second, the appraiser you hire should be passionate about their work. The more they care about what they do the better they’ll be at it.
3. Experienced. Third, you should only work with appraisers who have years of experience. The more stones and pieces of jewelry that they’ve looked at the more accurate their appraisals will be.
4. Respectful. Fourth, they should be respectful of you and your time, as well as the pieces that you bring to them.
5. Quality driven. Lastly, only work with jewelry appraisers who are driven by the quality of their work. If they don’t seem to care how good of a job they’re doing, find someone else to work with.
Colorado Gem Labs based out of Denver is the absolute best jewelry appraiser in the city, and perhaps even the entire state. If you need an appraisal that you can trust and that will hold up, then you need Colorado Gem Labs.